Route-to-market for FMCG Brands
Our route-to-market services cover the challenges of placing your FMCG brand in new sales channels or territories!
How to define your brand’s best possible route-to-market for new geographies is a service provided by Foley Retail Consulting!
We use a combination of evaluation analysis of your current product portfolio performance and overlay this on new markets. We can predict the position your brand should achieve together with an outlook for the future by analysing trends across comparative markets.
We have created a significant database to be able to calculate what market shares any new product should be able to achieve, FRC’s senior partners‘ experience can identify what challenges are likely to be presented by competitor brands trying to defend their market share. We normally are asked to create a business plan to assess risk and reward for financing a new market entry.
The following services offered by FRC:
- Target market(s) analysis of sales and market share potential for the brand‘s product categories
- Route-to-market options evaluation, including marketing investment assessment needed
- Brand (re-) positioning strategy, including size of range, pack sizes, product attributes required for success and marketing messages needed.
- Creation of distribution channels and necessary geographical coverage
- Creation of a 5-years business plan for the FMCG brand development, including sales performance, cost and time estimation of the investment, risk assessment at the various development stages.
- Production efficiency including logistics and supply chain strategies to meet the needs of customers within specific markets
- Introductions to distributers or procurement teams of retailers. Including advice on which negotiation features particular retailers tend to prioritise.
- Key account management training for new markets
- Labelling and compliance requirements for new markets
This is one of the most frequently requested projects by FMCG producers/investors, in which Foley Retail Consulting can prove considerable FMCG Route-to-market Expertise.